Our investment style matches your goals
All your investments are not created equal. Think about it: You probably have a more vested interest in maintaining your lifestyle than buying a vacation home. So why would you create a single portfolio with one set of risk measures? We take the best of modern portfolio theory and apply it to each of your goals.
We have partnered with SEI and our multi-portfolio construction assures that each goal (preservation and/or aspirational) is assigned its own risk tolerance, time horizon and return target. To better achieve results, the SEI portfolio is constructed to meet individual cash requirements, manage portfolio volatility and optimize tax efficacy.
And we track each portfolio metric relative to each of your goals, as well as to the market. It measures real progress, and the implications of that are profound.
Why it changes everything
When your portfolios are focused on achieving goals, you have more opportunity to:
- Generate excess capital beyond investment returns
- Have more reliable income distributions to meet expenses or charitable distributions
- Make better decisions using better portfolio data and goals-based metrics (like maximum draw down and distribution targets)
- Ward off emotional reactions to market downturns
Rooted in research
Goals-based investing is equal parts individual goals and capital markets. That balance is made structurally sound with original research, active portfolio management, and access to third-party specialist managers. Six investment principals guide us:
- Set a firm foundation with asset allocation.
- Diversify wisely with active portfolio design.
- Select and evaluate leading, independent managers.
- Active portfolio construction and management.
- Actively manage risk.
- Reduce tax impact.
We merge your needs with our global economic perspective. And that's why goals-based investing sets you up for success.